Monday, October 30, 2023

SCDHHS aka SC Medicaid is a Bully towards Behavioral Health Providers

 https://chng.it/krpdxwyKsK

Why this petition matters

Started by: BAKERS Counseling Services, LLC

SC Medicaid or SCDHHS which is South Carolina Department of Health and Human Service can audit or review medical records for SC Medicaid beneficiaries (i.e. patients) at any time. This process can be good or it can be bad. In my case, I was audited May 2018, and that is when my "nightmare" with SCDHHS began. 

Prior to this audit, I was an in-network provider for SC Medicaid for seven (7) years. I worked closely with several pediatricians, medical doctors, state agencies, and more to help provide quality and evidence-based counseling services in my local community (Beaufort, South Carolina). As of December 2020, I am no longer a Medicaid provider in my area because of SCDHHS cruelty. I got out-of-network or left the company on my own free will. I still get calls from Medicaid HMOs which are smaller and separate entities under the bigger umbrella that is SC Medicaid. These Medicaid HMOs are looking for providers to see their members because there is a "lack of providers" in the area. I currently know there is a three (3) month wait for members. This is unsatisfactory during a time of a pandemic. 

My community needs more SC Medicaid providers, but SCDHHS must treat us, the providers, with respect and dignity. I am calling for change! I am asking you to please help me bring this pressing issue to my state Senators, US Senators, state Congress, and US Congress attention that SCDHHS is abusive with their power and handling of Medicaid audits also known as Prepayment Claim Reviews. I firmly believe everyone has a boss, and I am hoping to talk to SCDHHS boss on this pressing matter. I need to do this for my community because Beaufort, South Carolina, needs more Medicaid providers. Thank you for your support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment